Thursday, April 1, 2010

Still Injured (But Dreaming Big)

My toe has been on a roller coaster the last few days. I injured it on Friday night (a week ago tomorrow) and it hurt terribly and was swollen all weekend. On Monday, when I was walking around at school, it actually felt like it might be getting better. When I looked at it on Monday night, it looked far more bruised than it had before...although oddly the swelling was down. It hurt like the devil the next two days, and today (Thursday) the pain seems like it's starting to ebb and the bruising even appears to be going down. It still hurts to put a lot of weight on it, and running is still out of the question.

But that didn't keep me from taking the plunge. Two days ago I signed up for the Twin Cities Marathon on October 3. My sincere hope and belief is that my toe will heal enough for me to do fine finishing the Minneapolis Half-Marathon in June and then to train all summer for the full marathon four months later. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited.

Since I haven't had a run in nearly two weeks, that's all the news that's fit to print. I'll be having some catch up to do when I get back out in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment